- Notice regarding changes to 2020-21 Winter season operation period.
Rusutsu offers a guided tour to locales featuring virgin snow exclusively for experts seeking the best powder at this vast resort.
This tour will take you to areas blanketed in the resort's very best powder. Together with an expert instructor who knows the Rusutsu mountains back to front, explore areas with uncompressed snow that you enter at your own risk. This program is for experts only and requires avalanche safety gear.
Mountain GuidingAdvance Reservations
Program for experts
|Session||Lesson times||Price (tax included)|
|3hours||9:30 - 12:30
13:30 - 16:30
|6hours||9:00 - 16:00||71,500 JPY|
- 1 to 6 people
- * Price is per instructor.
* For groups of 7 people or more, please organize into multiple groups.
* The start time can be changed around 30 minutes.
* Avalanche safety gear must be carried. If you would like to rent, please let us know when you make a reservation.
- Do you accept same-day bookings?
- Yes. It's possible as long as there is a vacancy. Bookings are accepted until 30 minutes before the lesson, as long as the participants are fully prepared to join.
- Where do the lessons take place?
- Your instructor chooses from among the trails on all the mountains based on the students' skill level.
- Can I choose an instructor?
- You can choose your instructor for private lessons (not for lessons by skill level). Please note that we may not necessarily be able to meet your request.
・Please read and sign the release form.
・Skiers are expected to be skilled enough for any type of trail.
・The guide will show you ski trails that suit the least-skilled participant in the group.
・If you decide that this program is not right for your skill level, you’ll be able to switch to a regular lesson.
・Students are expected to be proficient in English as the lessons are provided in English. The lessons are not available in other languages.
・Please book several days before the program day, as we may stop accepting applications depending on the instructors’ availability.
Gear and equipment
・Participants will be required to bring avalanche gear and wear a helmet. These items are available for rent at the registration office.
・If you are not bringing your own items, you can rent them for extra fees.
・The security deposit for avalanche safety kits will need to be paid in cash at the registration office. The deposit will be refunded when the kits are returned, as long as they are free from damage.
If you need to rent a helmet, please come to Salomon Station (rental desk) before the program begins.
Avalanche safety kit (beacon, shovel, probe, backpack)
・Rental fee: 5,500 JPY
・Security deposit (cash only): 10,000 JPY
*The security deposit will be returned when the items are returned, as long as they are free from damage.
・Rental fee: 2,200 JPY
*Please come to Salomon Station (rental desk).
SAJ-Certified Rusutsu Resort Ski and Snowboard School
Operating Period 10/12/2020 - 04/04/2021
Reservation Desk Hours 8:00 - 17:00
Ext. 7404 (From Rusutsu Resort Hotel & Convention)
Ext. 4-7404 (From The Westin Rusutsu Resort)