Safety Management for Gondolas and Lifts
Rusutsu Resort has gained approval from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism to operate lifts and gondolas under the Railway Business Act.
As stipulated by Article 2.3 of the Safety Control Rules under the Railway Business Act (revised in 2006), Rusutsu Resort is required to report the results of all safety initiatives and other safety information in a safety report. Throughout the year, we will make every effort to maintain all lifts and gondolas in a proper and safe working condition. On this page, we will disclose the details of our efforts to secure safety on all the cableway facilities owned by Rusutsu Resort.
- Safety Report 2023
- Safety Report 2022
- Safety Report 2021
- Safety Report 2020
- Safety Report 2019
- Safety Report 2018
- Safety Report 2017
- Safety Report 2016
- Safety Report 2015
- Safety Report 2014
- Safety Report 2013
- Safety Report 2012
- Safety Report 2011
- Safety Report 2010
- Safety Report 2009
- Safety Report 2008
- Safety Report 2007
Equipment that can be worn/carried on gondolas and lifts
- Snowboard (*1)
- Mini-skis (*1)
- Snow Scoot (*1)
- Chair Ski (*1)
- Snow Moto (*1)
- Swaky (*1)
- Snow Feet (*1)
- Air Board (*2)
*1: Leashes required
*2: Can only be used on the East Mt. East Vivaldi Course, can only be taken onto the East No. 1 and No. 2 Gondola.
Safety Management for Amusement Park
As for the entertainment facilities in Rusutsu Resort, we follow the instruction manual and inspect the facilities for about an hour before the park opens. Furthermore, since the park operates only during summer, we conduct a periodic overhaul (e.g., dismantlement or inspection for flaws in axles) during the off-season in winter. If any defective part is detected, we replace the part with a new one regardless of its service life.
During operation, facilities are being constantly inspected for any subtle abnormalities such as noise or vibration. If any abnormality is detected, no matter how subtle it is, we immediately halt the operation and make sure the facility’s safety before putting it back into service.
While adhering to the JIS standard and the instructions from relevant ministries and agencies, we take responsibility as a corporation and make every effort to ensure safety so that customers can enjoy our facilities free of care. We look forward to welcoming you all.
Drone flights and filming with them are not permitted in the controlled areas of Rusutsu Resort. If you are from a journalistic or media organization and wish to fly drones or film with them, please submit a flight plan and a safety management form in advance. You may only fly drones or film with them after gaining our permission.
Food Allergy Requirements
At our restaurants, we are committed to welcoming customers with food allergies and special dietary requirements to enjoy meals prepared in a safe, secure environment. When making a hotel reservation, please inform us of any allergy requirements and our specialist dietician will ensure a suitable meal is prepared (if you wish to dine at restaurants other than the buffet-style restaurant, please get in touch with us at least 1 week before the date of dining).
Points to Note Regarding Food Allergy Requirements
1. Rusutsu staff will use all reasonable efforts to prevent the introduction of allergens in the food preparation and handling process. However, please be aware that we cannot guarantee that allergens will be completely eliminated.
2. We check the ingredients used in meals based on information provided by our food suppliers.
3. Please be aware that all food is prepared in the same kitchen and cooked with the same cooking utensils. And dishes are typically cleaned in the same dishwashers. Although we take meticulous care in cleaning and sterilizing, please understand that a small possibility of contamination may exist.
4. We may have to decline to serve meals to customers with serious food-allergy symptoms by necessity.
5. At our buffet-style restaurant, Oktoberfest, seven specific raw materials (wheat flour, egg, milk, shrimp/prawns, crab, peanut, and buckwheat flour) as well as seven food items, beef, pork, chicken, lamb, fish, shellfish and alcohol, are clearly displayed on the labels.
Please be aware that these labels merely indicate whether a meal includes any specific raw material(s); they do not guarantee that the meal does not include any specific raw material(s) not displayed on the labels.
Please be advised that all customers with food allergy and dietary requirements should understand the above and ultimately use their discretion to make an informed decision whether or not to eat at one of our restaurants.